University of Wah Journal of Science and Technology (UWJST) is a multidisciplinary journal that publishes original contributions on all aspects of Basic Sciences, Computer Sciences and Engineering. The Journal is originally intended to serve as a platform for publication of international quality peer-reviewed research work in the relevant fields. Submission of manuscript implies that it is not being simultaneously considered for publication elsewhere and that the authors have obtained the necessary authority for publication.
For the sake of efficient communication, authors are requested to formulate their results in a concise and compact form. Each paper should be self-contained properly introduced, with references to published work and fully documented with adequate source materials.
Paper General Requirements
The title page should contain
- Title of the article (not more than 200 characters), center justified. bold. "Times New Roman, 14 point"
- Name(s) of the Author(s) (not more than 10), information about the corresponding author, affiliation(s), addresses, center justified "Times New Roman, 12 point"
- Abstract. Keywords 5 to 10
- Start of the main text, justified, "Times New Roman, 12 point"
The rest of the pages would contain the main text, Acknowledgements (if applicable). Appendices, References, Figures with captions, Tables with captions, justified, "Times New Roman, 12 point". All headings should be flushed with left margin. "Times New Roman, 12 point, bold".
The article should be divided into clearly defined and numbered sections. Subsections should be numbered 1.1 (then 1.1.1, 1.1.2, ...), 1.2, etc. (the abstract is not included in section numbering). Any subsection may be given a brief heading. Each heading should appear on its own separate line.
Editors reserve the right to adjust style to ensure standards of uniformity. All texts should be submitted in Microsoft Word; no other format is acceptable.
Please indicate clearly who is willing to handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing, publication and post-publication. Please ensure that telephone and fax numbers are provided in addition to e-mail and postal address. Full postal addresses must be given for all co-authors.
The abstract should consist of about 250 words, describing background, objectives, methods and results. The format of abstract is described under general requirements.
Under this heading, please state the purpose of the article and summarize the rationale for the study. Please provide the relevant references only; do not include data or conclusions in this section.
Identify the methods/ techniques of investigation, relevance and equipment used, with information about the model and manufacturer. Please also provide reference to the earlier work and enough details to allow subsequent investigations on the subject should contain sufficient detail to allow the work to be reproduced. Methods already published should be indicated by a reference, only relevant modifications should be described.
Results and discussion
The results should be presented in a logical sequence. Tables and figures should be numbered and inserted close to the point of discussion. The captions for tables should be sequentially numbered and placed at the top of the table, whereas the same should be placed below the figure. During the discussion, please emphasize new aspects of the study and conclusions that follow from them Link the conclusions with the goals of the study provided in the introduction. Please avoid statements which are not substantiated experimentally. New hypothesis may be stated when warranted but used in association with appropriate recommendations.
Those persons or organizations may be acknowledged who contributed physically or intellectually to the research. Technical help does not justify authorship of the paper. It may be acknowledged in a separate paragraph.
References should be listed at the end of the paper, in the order in which they occur in the text. Cross references may be made within the text in case required. They should be indicated within the text by square bracket . Examples:
- Books: F. G. Hodge, "Nickel and high nickel alloys" P. A. Schweitzer, Corrosion and Corrosion Protection handbook, New York: Marcel Dekker, 1983, pp-75-6.
- Dissertation/Theses: R.J. King, "Corrosion of steel weldments in permafrost", Ph.D. Thesis, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada, 1983.
- Periodicals: N. A. Shah, A. Ali and A. Maqsood, "Preparation and characterization of CdTe for solar cells, detectors and related thin film materials", Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 37, No.2, 2008, pp. 145-151.
- Conference Proceedings: C. Feng "Transformation and structural changes in metals under shock and dynamic loading", Proceedings of International Conference on High Strain-Rate Phenomena in Materials, San Diego, CA, August 12-16, 1990
- Technical Reports: E.E. Reber, R. L. Mitchell and C. J. Carter, "Oxygen absorption inthe earth's atmosphere", Aerospace Corp., Los Angeles, CA, Tech. Rep. Tr-0200 (4230-46)-3, Nov. 1968.
- Websites: B.Brandstaetter, "SMES optimization benchmark, TEAM problem 22,3 parameter problem", http://www.igte.tu-graz.ac.at/archive/team_new/team3.php.
Figures and Tables
Figures and tables should be typed as part of the text and must be separated from the text by a two line space above and below the table in Microsoft Word. Please use table option to create tables. Table should be inserted in the text close to the point of reference and author(s) must make sure that a table does not run over to the next page. The captions for tables should be numbered sequentially and placed at the top of the table whereas the same should be placed below the figure. Please ensure that figures/tables are legible in 3.2" column space.
Abbreviations and Footnotes
Abbreviations viagra en pharmacie should be defined when first used in text but should not be used in the abstract. Abbreviations for instruments (e.g., SEM and TEM should not be used for methodology, as scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy).
Footnotes may be added at the discretion of the authors where additional definition, explanation, or acknowledgement is deemed necessary. Manufacturer citation of trade names, instruments, model numbers, and products unique to the study may be included in the text Footnotes will not be included in the reference list.
Authors are encouraged to adhere to the basic SI system of units. If use of SI units would hinder reader comprehension, then alternate metric units may be used. All data should then be given in metric units with a list of conversion factors used.