UWJST Journal Policy
Aim and Scope
University of Wah Journal of Science and Technology (UWJST) ISSN 2616-4396 (online) 2523-0123 (print), publishes original contributions on all aspects of engineering sciences, basic sciences and computer sciences. The Journal is originally intended to serve as a platform for international quality peer-reviewed research work in the relevant field. Submission of a manuscript implies that it is not simultaneously considered for publication elsewhere and that the authors have obtained the necessary authority for publication.
Open Access Policy
University of Wah Journal of science and Technology (UWJST) is an open-access journal. Open-access means content is freely available without charge to the user or institution. Users are allowed to read, download, distribute, print, search, link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
UWJST is committed to promote the global knowledge exchange through free research available to the public. Therefore, it provides open access to all the published contents immediately. Full text of the articles are made available in the Archives section of the official website.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
UWJST is a peer-reviewed, subsidized open access journal where the University of Wah, Wah Cantt, Pakistan, pays the open access fee. Authors do not have to pay any article processing charges (APC).
This journal is published annually.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
(These guidelines are based on Elsevier recommendations and COPE's Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors) UWJST is a peer-reviewed international journal committed to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics. In order to provide our readers with a journal of the highest quality, we state the following principles of Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement. All articles not in accordance with these standards will be removed from the publication if malpractice is discovered at any time even after the publication. UWJST is checking all papers in a double-blind peer-review process. In accordance with the code of conduct, we will report any cases of suspected plagiarism or duplicate publishing.
By submitting the Author(s) manuscript to the journal it is understood that it is an original manuscript and is unpublished work and is not under consideration elsewhere. Plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the author's own work, in whole or in part without proper citation is not tolerated by the journal. Manuscripts submitted to the journal may be checked for originality using anti-plagiarism software.
UWJST is equipped with plagiarism-detecting software "Turnitin" to screen submitted papers.
Author retain the copyrights and will grant the University of Wah Journal of science and Technology (UWJST) with non-exclusive rights of first publication of the manuscript electronically and in print form and to identify UWJST as the original publisher under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. It will allow others to share the contents with an explicit indication of the authorship and its initial publication in UWJST. Under these licensing terms, the authors confirm that all the contents of the published manuscript will be distributed in the public domain and other researchers may use it exclusively for any scientific purpose with the obligatory acknowledgment of authorship.
University of Wah Journal of science and Technology (UWJST) uses Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License to protect the author’s work from misuse. Under this license, the author’s published in UWJST retain the copyright and publishing rights of their scholarly work. All other authors using the content of UWJST are required to cite the names of the author(s) as well as of the journal in their work. Articles of UWJST can be read and shared for purposes under the following condition:
BY: Attribution must be given to the source (Attribution)
Peer Review Policy
All submissions to University of Wah Journal of Science and Technology (UWJST) are first reviewed for completeness and only then sent to be assessed by an Editor who will decide whether they are suitable for peer review. Where an editor is on the author list or has any other competing interest regarding a specific manuscript, another member of the Editorial Board will be assigned to oversee the peer review. Editors will consider the peer-reviewed reports when making a decision but are not bound by the opinions or recommendations. A concern raised by a single peer reviewer or the Editor themselves may result in the manuscript being rejected. Authors receive peer review reports with the editorial decision on their manuscript.
Proceedings papers are reviewed by the Programme Chairs and Programme Committee members of the respective conference, with help from external reviewers selected by them.
- Ensure a fair double-blind peer-review of the submitted articles for
- They will strive to prevent any potential conflict of interests between the author and editorial and review personnel.
- Editors will also ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept as confidential before publishing.
- Editor-in-Chief will coordinate the work of the
- Evaluate manuscripts based on content without regard to ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, religious belief, or political philosophy of the
- They must ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept confidential and must report to the Editor-in-Chief if they are aware of copyright infringement and plagiarism on the author’s
- They must evaluate the submitted works objectively as well as present clearly their opinions on the works in a clear way in the review form.
- A reviewer who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the Editor-in-Chief and excuse himself from the review process.
- Present an objective discussion of the significance of research work as well as sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the
- Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are
- Review articles should also be objective, comprehensive, and accurate accounts of the state of the
- The authors should ensure that their work is entirely original works, and if the work and/or words of others have been used, this has been appropriately acknowledged.
- Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is
- Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is
- Authors should not submit articles describing essentially the same research to more than one
- The corresponding author should ensure that there is a full consensus of all co-authors in approving the final version of the paper and its submission for publication.
In order to preserve all published scholarly content, UWJST saves the journals’ content to University of Wah website for archiving for long-term digital preservation. The information can be found on: https://uwjst.org.pk/index.php/uwjst/issue/archive